Precision down to the final cutAs a Cutting Machine Operator, your skills are needed wherever precision parts are made of metal using tensioning methods such as turning, milling, drilling and grinding. The tools of your trade include CNC-guided machine tools, such as lathes, grinders, milling, and lapping machines. You are responsible for adjusting these precisely and monitoring the entire manufacturing process.
Training to become a Cutting Machine Operator takes three and a half years. During this time, we will provide you with opportunities to expand your skills by taking on a range of interesting tasks and new challenges and develop your own independent way of working.
During training you will learn about:
- Reading technical documents and engineering drawings
- Programming CNC-controlled machine tools along with setting up machines and systems
- Tensioning parts, monitoring work flows, and carrying out mechanical, optical and thermotechnical operations
- Maintaining machines and systems
- Carrying out quality control measures
- Documenting processes and results
To set the right course for your future, you need to have completed a good certificate of secondary education. For a career as a Cutting Machine Operator, your talent for mathematics and physics, a well-developed spatial sense and ability to abstract are the best prerequisites. Impress us with your mechanical skills.
We truly enjoy working with dedicated and team-oriented people who are curious, and ready to learn and grow. We will help you develop your sense of self as a responsible individual, which we feel includes qualities like a thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind, a zest for action, courtesy, and a sense of humor. Does this sound like you? Then we would be a great fit.