Red-hot enthusiasm for ceramics
As an Industrial Ceramicist specializing in Systems Engineering, your services are in demand in a range of different production areas in the ceramics industry. You ensure production lines work properly and keep work processes failure-free in the areas of fine and heavy ceramics. Your central responsibilities are to set up and maintain the machines and equipment involved in the production of all types of silicate ceramics, oxide and non-oxide ceramics, and to monitor and optimize process flow. You also have a command of basic metalworking skills.
Training to become an Industrial Ceramicist takes three years. During this time, we will provide you with opportunities to expand your skills by taking on a range of interesting tasks and new challenges, and develop your own independent way of working.
During training you will learn about:
You will train in the Maintenance Workshop and on-site at the Production Plants on the equipment there. You will learn about and apply the health and safety, accident prevention and environmental protection regulations throughout your training.
- Executing, processing and testing ceramic materials based on technical data and manufacturing guidelines
- Operating machines and equipment that process, shape, refine and finish ceramic products
- Identifying machine and equipment failures along with manufacturing failures, troubleshooting measures
- Testing and documenting work results under laboratory and production conditions using a variety of methods
- Maintaining machines and equipment
To set the right course for your future, you need to have completed a good certificate of secondary education. Your talent for mathematics and well-developed spatial sense and ability to abstract are the best prerequisites. Impress us with your mechanical skills.We truly enjoy working with dedicated and team-oriented people who are curious, and ready to learn and grow. We will help you develop your sense of self as a responsible individual, which we feel includes qualities like a thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind, a zest for action, courtesy, and a sense of humor. Does this sound like you? Then we would be a great fit.