advantage of Laser Cladding compared to other methods is that the
thermal input of the laser beam can be precisely controlled. Thus the
Laser Cladding technology is suitable for both the protection against
wear and corrosion of new components as well as the repair of damaged
components – both require highest precision.
technology is applied e.g. for extreme wear surfaces, cutting edge
retention and components in highly abrasive conditions.
H.C Starck has developed a range of atomized powders, carbides and borides suitable for Laser Cladding applications such as:
- Mining (mining bits)
- Oil & Gas (pump components)
- Industrial Engineering (seal surfaces, rolls, extruders)
- Aerospace (turbine blades)
- Automotive (drive train parts, bearing surfaces)
In addition the Laser Cladding technology belongs to Additive Manufacturing
, which allows also creating solid 3D components with high design
flexibility layer by layer (also known as laser deposition process).
In close collaboration with our customers we produce high-alloyed metal powders of all major standard compositions, such as nickel- (Ni), cobalt- (Co) and iron- (Fe) based alloys, hard materials (carbides), as well as customized solutions with tailored chemistries and particle size distributions. Available from small to large scale batch sizes.
|Examples of AMPERSINT® and AMPERWELD® powder solutions used for Laser Cladding|
|Ni-SA 625||FeNiCoMo (18Ni300)||Co HFA 1||CTC (Cast Tungsten Carbide)|
|Ni-SA 713||304L||Co HFA 6||MTC (Macroline Tungsten Carbide)|
|Ni-SA 718||316L||Co HFA 12||TiC|
|Ni-SA 939||15-4PH||Co HFA 21||VC|
|NiCrFeMo (HX)||17-4PH||CrC R III|
|NiCoWCr (M004, M247)||410||CrB / CrB2|
Other standard alloys and customized product solutions are available upon request.
perfectly spherical powder shape, excellent flow characteristics, low
oxygen content and high reproducibility of H.C. Starck’s AMPERSINT® and
AMPERWELD® powders ensure the repeatability, consistency and reliability
of the Laser Cladding technology to achieve the optimum performance of
laser cladded parts.
Please contact us to learn more about our powder capabilities.
- - Further product information
- - Brochures and data sheets
- - Local representative
- AMPERSINT 0002 Co-HFA NF 6
- AMPERSINT 0004 Co-HFA NF 12
- AMPERSINT 0006 Co-HFA NF 21
- AMPERSINT 0015 Co-HFA NF 1
- AMPERSINT 0151 Ni-SA 738 LC
- AMPERSINT 0152 Ni-SA 939
- AMPERSINT 0168 Ni-SA 713
- AMPERSINT 0181 Ni-SA 718
- AMPERSINT 0218 NiCrFeMo (HX)
- AMPERSINT 0241 Co-SA 400
- AMPERSINT 0241 Co-SA 800
- AMPERSINT 0453 pure Co metal powders
- AMPERSINT 0573 FeVCrCWMoMnSi (CCA4)
- AMPERSINT 0704 Stainless Steel 316L
- AMPERSINT 0711 17-4 PH
- AMPERSINT 0715 Stainless Steel 304L
- AMPERSINT 0718 Stainless Steel 317F
- AMPERSINT 0742 15-5 PH
- AMPERSINT NiCoWCr (M004, M247)