MOLYBDENUM-NIOBIUM SPUTTERING TARGETS FOR TOUCH SCREEN APPLICATIONS
Innovative thinking puts H.C. Starck in the forefront with the hottest new alloys in sputtering targets for Touch Screen Panel (TSP) applications. Curved and flexible touch screens are the latest in UHDTV, smart phones, tablets and mobile device technology. Touch screens use H.C. Starck’s molybdenum-niobium (MoNb) targets to sputter thin films for barrier, capping and conducting layers in these devices.
- Application Cu barrier and Al capping layer for TSP (Touch Screen Panel)
- Highest density product in the market
- Enables higher sputtering rates
- Higher quality film with fewer defects
- Best-in-class corrosion resistance
- In-house manufacture and control of Mo and Nb powders
- Size and dimensions (single piece)
- Gen 4 10 mm x 1130 mm x 1200 mm
- Gen 6 16 mm x 200 mm x 2350 mm
- Gen 8 18 mm x 200 mm x 2650 mm
- Rotary target 167 OD x 110 ID x 2200 mm
Please inquire for additional sizes and dimensions.
- 10 atomic % Nb (standard)
- Other customized compositions
The H.C. Starck Advantage
A distinct advantage is H.C. Starck’s production of single plate targets. Another key advantage is the higher relative density found in extruded or hot rolled targets compared to Hot Isostatic Press (HIP) targets. H.C. Starck’s best-in-class extrusion process produces a diverse portfolio of materials, shapes, sizes and lengths for thin films as well as a multitude of other applications.
The MoNb alloy enables higher sputtering rates, higher quality film with fewer defects and world-class corrosion resistance.
Superior Materials for Thin Film Sputtering
H.C. Starck's DynaMo Alloys, the newest product line of molybdenum-based alloys, showcases the company’s ability to customize alloys for electrical performance, corrosion resistance and etch characteristics for higher reliability in TSP applications. These alloys feature large size capabilities with rotary targets up to 4100 mm long, planar targets up to Gen 5 in size as well as segmented (or tiled) targets.
Development of these innovative alloys is enabled by H.C. Starck’s expertise in thin film characterization and ESBD analysis of textures. Customized alloy development utilizes the unique processing of refractory metals, including powder metallurgy processing, high temperature rolling, extrusion and rotary forging capabilities of H.C. Starck.