H.C. Starck’s niobium C-103 alloy with niobium-hafnium-titanium (Nb-10Hf-1Ti) meets demanding applications that require high strength materials to handle extreme temperatures. Our niobium alloy, performs at temperatures up to 2700°F (1482°C), particularly in high performance rocket nozzle applications for space exploration. The niobium alloy resists high frequency vibrations at cryogenic temperatures, which occurs in many satellite applications.
- Orbital rocket chambers and nozzles
- Reaction control nozzles for missiles
- Jet engine afterburner liners
- Burst disks for wind tunnels
- Capable of withstanding high stresses at elevated temperatures
- Low ductile-to-brittle transition temperature for cryogenic applications
- Formable after TIG welding
- Excellent fabricability
- Readily weldable
H.C. Starck collaborates with customers to fabricate and machine components for aerospace, including build-to-print and design of niobium C103 alloy components.
- Bar and rod
- Sheet and plate
- Ingot and slab
- Powder for Additive Manufacturing
- Fabricated parts
H.C. Starck’s C-103 niobium alloy meets ASTM B652, B653, B654, AMS7852 and AMS7857 specifications.